General Data Protection Regulations
Who are we?
Wexford Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Services Limited (Wexford Rape Crisis) is a private Company established in 1995 and is a Data Controller as defined by the General Data Protection Regulations. Its core activities comprise the provision of counseling and therapy services for adults and young people that have experienced sexual abuse or rape.
At Wexford Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Services Limited we understand how important the privacy and security of your personal information is to you. This privacy statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or you provide to us will be used or protected.
What we collect:
We collect and process data in the provision of our services to you which may contain personal data including:
Your Name, Address, Email, Telephone Number, Emergency Contact Details, Parents Name &Telephone Number (where relevant), Date of Birth, Identification Number(for confidentiality), Health Details, Contact details of your Health Professionals, Nature of Abuse, Ethnic Origin, Attendance Records, School and Class Details, Vat Number, Company or Trading Name(for Business Partners), and any other data which it is necessary for us to process in order to provide you with appropriate support services.
How we use your information and the legal basis for doing so:
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We use your personal data to:
- Understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
- To assess appropriate counselling services.
- For internal administration/ record keeping, including HR administration.
- For communicating with you.
- Carry out our legal obligations arising from any contracts between you and us.
We will process your information lawfully using one or more of the following legal bases:
- Legal obligation.
- Employment Contract.
- Protecting your vital interests.
- Our legitimate interests.
- Your explicit consent (you may withdraw you consent at any time).
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, and how long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Third Party Disclosure:
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to us in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide on our behalf. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required otherwise.
We will at your request, confirm what personal data we hold about you and how it is processed. You are entitled to request the following information:
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The purpose and legal basis for the processing.
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed.
- The period for which the personal data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- The right to data portability.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Applications should be made in writing (email) and you will need to provide appropriate identification e.g. Passport, Driving License when making your request for information
For any queries relating to your personal data which is processed by us contact:
The Manager, Wexford Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Services Limited, Maudlintown, WexfordY35 NF8A.
Phone: (053)9122722 Mobile (086) 1724608